Story Starters

Wednesday, February 25, 2015
 I can't wait to introduce my kiddos to these little cuties for journal and writing time!



and I can't wait to share them with you for....
Who, What, When, Where and Verb Story Starters! These one word story starters help kiddos start a story and end it with their imagination! I have used cards for years, but they always get mixed up and unorganized. I thought this would make it easier to set up and it's more appealing. 

I've used them by:
Pick a Page
Students pick a page in each set to add to their story.

Random Page
Students have to use a random page from each group to add to a story.

Load 'em Up
Students try to fit as many of the cards as they can into their story, but making sure that it still makes sense!


I printed each type of word on a separate color. (It makes my OCD brain calm and happy hehe)


After cutting
65 who cards
83 what cards
11 when cards
23 where
17 action verbs
apart...

I bound them together to create the booklets....
These colors just make me happy! I hope the kiddos like them as much as I think they will!!
Comment with how you would use them in your classroom!

Supplies that I used are available on amazon.com!
   

2 comments

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Smiles and stop by anytime!

Butterflies and Daydreams said...

I love this!!! :) I like the little small cards and using the black spiral binder things (I forget the name!) I've used them to put books together, but what a cute idea!

Powered by Blogger.