Five for Friday: {Chapter 8 Closed}

Friday, June 5, 2015

Joining the amazing Kacey for her weekly linky!
There's definitely plenty to write about this week, so I hope to see you at the bottom of this post in an hour or two.... ;) I'm only half kidding!




We started off the week finishing up our End of Year Memory Books! They match the ones that we completed WAY BACK at the beginning of the year for our Back to School Activity Books, so it was great to sit them side by side and compare the changes and growth they have made over their kindergarten year. I'm not sure who liked them more, the students or their parents. 









After wrapping up all of our work, assessments, and what felt like millions of practices, we held our graduation ceremony this Monday! It was my 6th graduation ceremony and this sweet partner's first! Everything was amazing and once the kiddos were finished a huge weight was lifted.... but the year wasn't over just yet!




Tuesday was field day!!! Mrs. Murray and I were on the planning committee and once again once it was over, ANOTHER huge weight was lifted. Don't get me wrong. The day was a blast! It was full of soaking each other, running, laughing, and just having a ton of fun!



Once all the fun was over, it was time to clean and take everything down. Looks depressing huh?? I don't think my husbands loves that his wife is a teacher in June and August. It's all like the dreaded moving day that everyone is strangely busy for. You know what I'm talking about right?? He's helped me through 2 college move in days, 2 college move out days, 1 house move, and now 8 years of school move ins, and 8 school move outs. I. Owe. Him. Even if he did lock all of my stuff in a HUGE closet that I don't have the key to. Did I mention, no one has the key to it? You'll be hearing more about that in August....



And to close my week....
This beauty joined me at work all week to 'help' out. She surely loved riding up and down the hall in her coupe, while everyone else worked. 

Sidenote: I'm also thinking about opening an etsy store to sell the bows I make for this bright eyed girl. I'm struggling to find a name. Any help is greatly appreciated! We've slowly evolved from Gracelyn's Closet to Punky's Pretties to Elegance of Grace.... 
What do y'all think?
                                                    


3 comments

Teaching Autism said...

Have a fab Summer! I love the look of your end of year books and the fact that you match them to the start of the year books to compare at the end is so lovely!

Sarah said...

yep! I know that moving feeling! I actually have moved schools four years in a row!! Hoping this summer is the last move I make for a while! :) and I'm 5 months pregnant too, so the break down and set up part will be a little more difficult this year, will definitely have to utilize hubby's help!

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Aimee said...

No key to the closet? What?? I can't wait to hear the rest of that story in August. ;) I love your Etsy store names! They are all adorable! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Happy summer to you!!

Aimee
Primarily Speaking

Powered by Blogger.